Day 1 – Are You Ready?

You cannot view this unit as you're not logged in yet.
Notify of
56 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Donna C
Comments Badge

I can’t log onto day 2 so lets see if I post again it will allow me too

Ro G - Support Staff
Ro G - Support Staff
Reply to  Donna C

Hi Donna, I hope you were able to log on. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please send a message to support@cathymorenzie.com

Jen Wang
Comments Badge
Forum Participation Badge
Friendships Badge
1 year ago

I didn’t know this before doing the exercise, but I have been afraid of getting to my goal weight and staying there. In the past I was judged and criticized for my weight (too thin) even though I was still at the low end of my healthy BMI and still in a healthy weight range. People (parents mainly) told me they were worried about me and I felt nervous and insecure. They were concerned because I did get too thin in college and they were afraid I was heading in that direction. Each time they expressed concern, I turned to binge eating and quickly regained weight. I used to binge eat when feeling judged or inferior. This helps me see why I haven’t stayed at my goal weight and why I have relapsed as I get close to it. Right now I am just 4 pounds from goal but my main objective is to get there and learn to maintain it. I have spent years working on the same fifteen pounds and it is such a vicious cycle. I released 40 pounds 15 years ago and have kept most of it off, but those 10-15 pounds have kept me in… Read more »

Ena G
Forum Participation Badge
Friendships Badge
Comments Badge
Reply to  Jen Wang

Jen, By being in WLGW you’ll be able to learn to deal with the feelings as well as the weight. God bless you on this 40 day journey!

Ro G - Support Staff
Ro G - Support Staff
Reply to  Jen Wang

Thanks for sharing Jen. It sounds like your family is genuinely concerned about your well-being and not trying to bring you down intentionally. Remember that the enemy likes to twist things up and cause confusion in our lives–and this often leads to insecurity. Don’t allow the enemy to discourage you from the promises God has for you. Instead, pray to the Lord for strength and wisdom on how to communicate to your family about all the wonderful new things the Lord is doing in your life. Blessings!

Mary R
Friendships Badge
Forum Participation Badge
Comments Badge
1 year ago

My biggest fear about doing this detox and releasing the weight is the likelihood of gaining it back because I always have gained the weight back and several times gained even more weight. I am concerned that if I gain the weight back that not only will I be disappointed, but also my husband will get annoyed and be disappointed. This is the first time that I want this not just for myself, but also for him.

I’m feeling broken and sad.

God is telling me, “You’ve got to stop choosing everything else over Me. You can’t keep coming to Me last. Only you can make the decision of who or what you will put first place in your life.”

I see myself on the ground at His feet crying.

Molly Bascom
Comments Badge
1 year ago

I have spent the morning getting set and doing the 40 Day prep work. Each step has been good for me. I wanted to skip some but didn’t. It was good to zip through the Guide Book and see sample days of menus and see there would be more choices than I thought. Biggest fear is an unhappy life without sugar. Poor sad little taste buds! I don’t think I really desire this detox yet but when I prayed to ask the Lord what I hadn’t heard from Him yet, up comes this image from the GRINCH Who Stole Christmas! The Grinch is puzzling, “It(Christmas) came without stockings, it came without presents, ribbons, tags etc.” So once again the Lord gets to me through humor. Like the Grinch, I need a new vision–“It (Happy eating) will come without cookies, cheesecake and ice cream–it’ll come without candy, brownies and pie, it’ll come without scones and muffins and pastry, ETC. None of these things is intrinsically bad but I don’t need them to be a happy eater. I plan to be just as amazed as the Grinch when I truly get this.

Koenia W
1 year ago

The meal-planning will be my biggest challenge, so I am going to bite it off in small chunks. . . only two-three days at a time. Praying for God to refocus my mind and my body to this new lifestyle of eating.

Sheryl Attolini
Comments Badge
Forum Participation Badge
1 year ago

my anxiety, is I look in the food plan, hubby will not eat anything, on it. Means, I either follow and eat what he will eat, and than, i just watch my carb intake, or I make 2 different meals? So, here is the first day, I have not meal planned.

Mary R
Friendships Badge
Forum Participation Badge
Comments Badge
1 year ago

Here is what I have decided to do about the things my husband will not want to eat: I will make at least one thing that I know he will also eat, make one thing he likes that only he will eat and the other will be either he eats it or he doesn’t. He’s not helpless and he won’t starve.
I hope that doesn’t come across as mean or disrespectful to you 😉

Angela L
Friendships Badge
Comments Badge
1 year ago

My toxic thoughts include failing again and wondering how in the world I’m going to change my eating habits. I’m praying God gives me a desire for healthy foods instead of the foods I’ve eaten and enjoyed my whole life!

Karina M
Comments Badge
Friendships Badge
1 year ago

Finally managed to navigate my way to this place. Looking forward to this journey. Curiously, I feel serene and confident. Now…let’s see what happens at work!
Te amo Padre! ❣️

Bonnie A
Forum Participation Badge
Comments Badge
Friendships Badge
1 year ago

Having lost and regained weight several times, my fear has always been regaining the weight. Hmmm. Perhaps that is why I always have. Where the mind goes…..
Thank you Lord for showing me what it means, and that it is possible to capture every thought and bring it to submission to Christ. I’m excited about this new season. Blessings to all my WLGW sisters.

Lo D
Comments Badge
Forum Participation Badge
Friendships Badge
1 year ago

I am excited about this 40 day detox program because it really goes deep into why I haven’t been successful in the past. I definitely want to succeed this time and root out the stumbling blocks that have prevented me from achieving my goals both spiritual and physically. I am choosing Level 2, with my target being 70 grams. I’m praying for all of you with me on this journey. Have a blessed day.