Reply To: Welcome

Kimberly Maly
Participant
Course(s) CompletedComments Badge

Hello, my name is Kimberly. I am a 34 year old Homeschooling mom of 3 boys. My oldest will be a teenager this year and my youngest is starting Kindergarten in the fall. I am also a full time student, working towards my Accounting degree and will be graduating in a couple months.

I had promised myself that I would never struggle with my weight the way my mother did growing up and managed to maintain a healthy weight through all 3 of my pregnancies.

With my last pregnancy, I developed gestational diabetes and while I was able to control it with diet alone during the pregnancy, I have struggled with my eating ever since he was born. I have gained a total of 62 pounds since my husband and I first started dating 18 years ago with 27 of them being in the last 5 years. I have tried numerous diets and have only been able to do them for a week before I end up back in my old habits. I love healthy food, I enjoy working out and yet I haven’t been able to stick to a diet which tells me that there is something spiritual or emotional behind my lack of success.