Reply To: Weigh-in Wednesday

Jennifer Miller
Participant
Course(s) CompletedFriendships BadgeComments BadgeForum Participation Badge

I’m feeling discouraged today. I was down 7 pounds since January, but the past 2 weeks, I have been up a total of 3. I haven’t done anything differently and have been very careful with my food and have exercised everyday. It has been my monthly time, so I’m thinking that has played a part, but it still bothers me. I’m reminding myself that this is a process and not just a week to week score card. Also, I know that big changes are happening within me. God is changing the way I think about myself and about food and I know those changes will sustain me throughout this journey. I sometimes avoid weighing in because I can get obsessive in these numbers and overthink everything…I’d like to use it as just a check point, but I don’t think I’m there yet. I think being this upset shows me that I haven’t surrender enough of this to God yet. So, instead of beating myself up about what I did or didn’t do right, I will work on surrendering myself more to my Father in Heaven who loves me and wants me healthy. I will put my eyes on that.