Reply To: Welcome

Joanne T
Participant
Friendships BadgeForum Participation BadgeCourse(s) Completed

Hi all, my name is Joanne. I am 30 years old and I am on day 9 of the 21-day challenge. I am not entirely new to the WLGW program because I’d enrolled in the 21-day challenge two times in the past two years, but both times wasn’t able to complete it because family priorities got in the way. I’m 50lbs over my recommended weight range, all of which I gained in the past three years. This time I’m committed to completing the challenge and seeing the journey through to a lifestyle change. I have struggled with excess weight since I was about 10 years old and have tried various diets and exercise regimens, all with little to no results and certainly no long term success. I have serious issues with binge eating and often have felt like I was in bondage, even a slave, to food. I have cried out to God numerous times and have made many commitments to change but have always lost sight of my goals. I am really thankful to have stumbled across the WLGW program because I am looking to make a lifestyle change for my own health, but also for that of my family. God has impressed upon my heart numerous times how my failure to commit my weight, my relationship with food and my exercise regimen (or lack thereof) to His leadership is disobedience and how my gluttonous lifestyle is sinful. Now I’ve come to the place where enough is enough and I want to honor God in this area of my life and bring Him glory. I know I don’t have what it takes to do this on my own, so I am wholly relying on His grace and strength to see me through this journey, but I am SO thankful to have a step by step weight loss guide in the WLGW program to guide my journey and I am thankful for all of my WLGW sisters here for their love and encouragement. Praise the LORD!