Reply To: Weigh-in Wednesday

Ena G
Participant
Forum Participation BadgeFriendships BadgeComments BadgeCourse(s) Completed

It’s wonderful to hear of your progress, Verna!

About The Author

Ena G

Hi! My name is Ena. I often get asked where my name came from so I'll start by saying that I was born in The Netherlands. I have lived most of my life in Michigan, and have been married to my great husband for 46 years. We have 2 children and 7 grandchildren (6 boys, 1 girl). I'm a nurse by profession. I have known Jesus since I was a little girl, and gave my life to Him fully when I was 16 years old. I have struggled with being overweight since my son was born 38 years ago. I have tried about every weight loss program imaginable except surgery, with either little success or with some success, only to gain the weight back. I went through the Breakthrough Program in early 2017. It was here that I learned that losing weight, keeping weight off, and maintaining good health is not about sheer will power! I learned that how I handle food can be connected to deep seated emotions, and that my relationship with my Heavenly Father is so important to caring for my body well and living a healthy lifestyle. I find the weight being released gradually, and this is how it should be as I learn more about myself and God's unconditional love for me. I love how Cathy teaches every lesson using Scripture, and I'm so grateful to God for leading me to the Breakthrough Program! I look forward to continuing this journey with all of you.