Reply To: Welcome

Mary R
Participant
Friendships BadgeForum Participation BadgeComments BadgeCourse(s) Completed

Hi, I’m Mary. I was part of this group almost 2 years ago. This truly is an excellent program with wonderful, caring people. I got lazy and let the TV and food be my #1 go to (AGAIN) instead of God and the family of friends here.

After work each day, other than talking to my husband after he gets home, I pretty much tune out. I make dinner a couple of nights a week and do only what really can’t wait to be done. I don’t want to be an active participant in my own life after I get home from work. I just want to “veg” until I go to bed between 10 and 11 p.m.  I say hi to God most mornings and good night at bedtime, but do not spend quality time with Him. This is why I am back. I know that going through the activities/programs will both improve my personal relationship with God (from my end) and will improve my health physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I did’t weigh myself today, but I will tomorrow. My scale is not accurate (or my doctor’s office’s scale isn’t, it actually said a few weeks ago that I weighed about 5 lb less than mine said that same day). I would like to release about 70 – 75 lbs.

Summary of me: I have been saved for approximately 38 years. I’ve been married for nearly 35 years. We are empty nesters. We have 3 grown children. I am a nurse consultant/reviewer for an insurance program and I truly do love my job. I have worked there 14 months and Lord willing I will retire from there in the next 5 – 10 years.  I have a close friend named Ena who is a member of this program. She and I became accountability partner’s. Cathy Morenzie hooked us up nearly 2 years ago. I appreciate and value Ena’s friendship.

Besides watching TV, eating, and “vegging,” I enjoy reading and crocheting sometimes.

Bye for now.