Reply To: Welcome

Theresa Nelson
Participant
Course(s) CompletedComments BadgeForum Participation BadgeFriendships Badge

Hi, I’m Theresa. I am Lutheran from the womb and have been active in my church in many ways over the years. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for 31 years. We have 2 daughters who married God-loving men. We have 3 grandsons ages 4, 2 and 2 -The youngest ones are 1 week apart – whom I have the pleasure watching on a daily basis. They keep me busy.

My husband and I are semi-active, but age is starting to take a toll on our bodies. We are both the heaviest we have ever been. I have always had to work hard at the weight-game, but he never really did until the last few years. We are in this together and have decided that next year at this time we will be thinner, healthier, and more active than we are now.

I went to the Dr. last week and he wanted to increase my dosage of blood pressure meds. I asked him to give me a chance to lose some weight before we decide to increase it. I told him that I do well, lose 10 pounds, and then put it back on. He told me that I fall off the wagon too quickly and asked me “Why?” I didn’t have an answer. I came home and said to myself, “Obviously, I can’t do this by myself. I need help.” I thought about all the programs I’ve been on and prayed, “God, what can I do?” I was browsing for new devotion programs on YouVersion and came upon this program. I am hoping and praying that when I return to the Dr. next time I will be able to answer his question, have lost a few pounds, and will not need to increase my BP meds.

The thing is, I know WHAT to do: how to eat, and how to exercise. Putting it into practice all the time is the struggle for me. It’s time for me to let go and let God lead with with the help of my new Christian friends.